For its 6,000 employees, Læringsverkstedet wantend a strong sharing culture and a simple, digital everyday life. Office 365 is the means to reach the goal, says the IT director.Læringsverkstedet
For its 6,000 employees, Læringsverkstedet wantend a strong sharing culture and a simple, digital everyday life. Office 365 is the means to reach the goal, says the IT director. Læringersverkstedet is Norway's largest private kindergarten chain, with kindergartens from Flekkerøy in the south, to Tromsø in the north.
Rune Semb, TietoEVRY's client manager, talks about the project.
- We migrated the entire customer's technical platform to Microsoft 365 and took over the operation from a previous supplier. Now we operate all of the Learning Workshop's platforms and infrastructure, he explains.
In addition, TietoEVRY operates all printers, PCs and mobile phones for the Learning Workshop, as well as networks and network equipment. This is how TietoEVRY operates the entire technical universe of the business, regardless of the type of technology.
Important tools for daily daycare
After Office 365 was in place, Digital Workplace stood for the ride. With this service, the Learning Workshop will make the best use of the platform and its tools. A total of 6,000 employees, including 200 daycare managers and 800 educational leaders, are now learning new, smart ways to work.
The learning workshop has used a number of applications in the Office 365 platform. One of them is Teams, where the layout is the same in all 230 kindergartens.
- In Teams there is everything from templates, plans and the like. Here the employees can share and work together in documents, says Due-Løvaas.
The "Resource Bank", with suggestions for various educational programs and activities, has been added to Sharepoint Online. Here are also key documents and links to the staff manual and the management manual.
Yammer is a private, social work area built for open communication within an organization. At the Learning Workshop, Yammer has been used to secure good information about the process, progress and project status throughout the business.
The learning workshop also wanted a solution that would simplify hiring processes for kindergarten leaders. The solution was created using SharePoint, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, Microsoft Forms and Excel. In short, the manager and the employee have to fill out a digital form which then automatically ends up in Excel. From there, the Learning Workshop's HR system gets to pick up the form.
- This automation process simplifies the work of everyone who manages employment in kindergartens and will in time become even better, says Due-Løvaas.
However, with the size and scope of the project, it is natural that not everything goes smoothly. After all, technology should not just be installed - it should be used.
- We humans often need both time and support to
Complexity requires collaboration
Semb boasts how the Learning Workshop handles the digital collaboration project.
- It is incredibly rewarding to work with such proactive and engaged people, he says.
As the Learning Workshop has only two people working with IT, they have left much of the digital interaction project to TietoEVRY.
- For us, it has been important with a supplier that takes a lot of responsibility. Despite the complexity, TietoEVRY has been on the supply side, given us good advice and done a very good job of both implementation, operation and management of the systems.
Due-Løvaas says that Office 365 and Digital Workplace are a good match with the Learning Workshop.
- We need to automate, while also wanting a good sharing culture. For these purposes, Office 365 has proven to be the right tool. Together with competent, safe advisers at TietoEVRY, we are well on our way to reaching the goal!
6000 employees can engage with each other digitally!
Using Teams, Yammer and Sharepoint to share documents, templates and information!
With a small IT department a digital workplace simplifies their day-to-day job